I’m a doula in Lexington, KY
I believe that labor is a natural process, rarely needing intervention. I am also thankful for medical technology and believe there is a time and a place for everything.
Most of my clients want to have a natural birth and I can help women achieve that natural birth. I encourage women and couples to prepare for birth by taking natural childbirth classes such as Deb’s Bradley classes , one of the classes offered at baby moon
or class through conception forward.
As a doula, I support my clients in any decisions made during labor. With my knowledge of the birth process, I can offer insight into what may be happening in your situation.
I do my best to help my clients have the birth that they want.
my birthing bio
- attending births since 2004
- certified birth doula through DONA International
- clients have hired me again for 2nd, 3rd, and now even 4th births
- Independent Childbirth member
- taught over 100 couples from 2001-2005 the Bradley® method
- taught independent natural childbirth classes 2005-2009
- taught many couples one night refresher classes
- mother to 5 children, all born naturally
- I have attended very short and very long labors, VBACs, scheduled cesareans due to breech, and both home and hospital births.
- my birthing website has over 15,000 hits a month
my services include
- meeting with you to talk about the kind of birth you want
- answering pregnancy questions through e-mail
- being on call for your labor
- joining you during labor when you need me
- offering continuous labor support
- staying with you after the birth as long as necessary
- postpartum visit in your home
why hire a doula?
You can read my article about birth doulas that might help you answer the question whether or not you need a doula.
Numerous clinical studies have found that a doula’s presence at birth:
- tends to result in shorter labors with fewer complications
- reduces negative feelings about one’s childbirth experience
- reduces the need for pitocin, forceps or vacuum extraction and cesareans
- reduces the mother’s request for pain medication and/or epidurals
- increases successful breastfeeding
~from DONA’s website
To contact me via e-mail about being your doula, please submit your inquiry in the box below. I look forward to hearing from you.